HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Thursday 30th March 2017
England Athletics, UK Athletics and the organisers of the World Para Athletics Championships and IAAF World Championships London 2017 are committed to protecting your privacy. The following is a description of our dissemination practices for data that you have provided to us via the newsletter sign up page on www.teampersonalbest.org or any other website or means of data collection that you have participated in ("the Site"). It sets out what we will do with your information and the ways in which we protect it.
England Athletics, UK Athletics and the organisers of the World Para Athletics Championships and IAAF World Championships London 2017 use information about you for five primary purposes:
- To perform the services you have requested, such as processing and listing a Team Personal Best event
- To alert you to other interesting information, including future events and Team Personal Best offers and sending a newsletter regarding the Team Personal Best programme or the London 2017 Inspiration programme except where you have indicated otherwise.
- To alert you to offers or other interesting information from Team Personal Best partners that we share your contact details with- except where you have indicated otherwise.
- To improve your experiences by gaining your feedback and opinions through research conducted by Team Personal Best or third parties that we share your contact details with – except where you have indicated otherwise
- To manage and improve the website
We set out more information about these purposes below:
Performing the services you have requested
If you choose to give us personal information through the Site then this will be held and processed by England Athletics in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and your chosen preferences.
Alerting you to other interesting information (from Team Personal Best and affiliates)
England Athletics is very much aware that some people will not want their information used except for a certain specific purpose (such as volunteering or receiving tickets), some will want to receive additional information from England Athletics about Team Personal Best and related news only, and others will be happy to receive more information.
The additional information that you might receive can be divided into five groups:
- Additional information about Team Personal Best: England Athletics may wish to send you additional information about Team Personal Best that may be of interest to you or may wish to seek your views about Team Personal Best
- Information about future events: England Athletics, UK Athletics and the organisers of the World Para Athletics Championships and IAAF World Championships London 2017, may send you information, or seek your views, about athletics, World Athletics Championships, future tournaments and other sports events and activities that may be of interest to you.
- Partner information: Official partners of Team Personal Best and future tournaments may wish to send you information and special offers relating to their products and services. These partners will be listed on the Site or on the website of the relevant future tournament, and you will have the opportunity to opt out.
- Information from the organisers and athletics bodies: England Athletics, UK Athletics, the Greater London Authority and UK Sport may wish to send you information, or seek your views, about athletics, future athletics events, other sports events and volunteering nationwide. When we request information from you we will let you know which types of third parties may wish to send you information
- We will only send you other interesting information, or disclose your details to others (as described above) so that they can send you information, in line with the options you choose when you provide your data. Except in cases where it is necessary to contact you, such as for collecting Case Studies and feedback from the Team Personal Best events your requests, you will also be able to opt out from receiving information later via the messages you receive or by emailing Info@teampersonalbest.org
USE OF THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
England Athletics and UK Athletics may transfer your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors who will process it on England Athletics and UK Athletics behalf. These agents and sub-contractors are not authorised by us to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
Except as described above, we will only disclose your personal information without notice when we believe disclosure to be required by law or regulation, or necessary to protect or defend the rights or property of Team Personal Best the safety of the public or the users of the Site.
CHILDREN UNDER 16
If you are under 16, you must obtain the approval of a parent or guardian before you send us any of your personal information (such as your name, e-mail address, home address, date of birth etc). Team Personal Best will not use (or pass to any third party) personal information on persons known to be children under the age of 16 for any commercial purposes.
TO MANAGE AND IMPROVE THE SITE
We may collect information about your interaction with the Site and the services on the Site. This may include information about your computer and, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. In particular, we reserve the right to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Site and to ascertain the number of users that have visited particular web pages. We also keep track of what you do with our newsletters when you receive them for trends and statistics and to evaluate the efficiency of our newsletter and information service. We will provide only aggregated data from these analyses to third parties. This statistical information does not identify any individual.
We may also use your information for detection of fraud and research purposes.
Cookies are used for a variety of purposes, including providing personalised web pages and recognising your choice of language. Cookies do not cause harm to your computer, but, if you wish to stop your computer accepting cookies, go to the help section of your internet browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) where you will find information on how to do this.
Links to third party websites
The Site may contain links to other websites whose privacy and information practices may be different to ours. Team Personal Best is not responsible or liable for the content or privacy policies of websites other than the Site (and any other Team Personal Best websites). You should be aware of this when you leave the Site and we encourage you to read and familiarise yourself with the privacy policies and/or notices on other websites you visit.
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We have implemented policies designed to safeguard your privacy and we will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
If we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, we urge you to keep the password safe and make sure you use a secure browser.
Use of your information outside the European Union
Some of the organisations to which we disclose your personal information may be situated outside of the European Union, in countries which do not have data protection laws as strict as in the UK.
You have a right to access and correct the information that we hold about you under data protection law. If at any time you wish to exercise this right, or otherwise to update the information which we hold about you, or if you wish to stop receiving information from Team Personal Best or to opt out of receiving additional information in either or both of the categories described above (under the heading "Alerting you to other interesting information"), please contact us at Info@teampersonalbest.org